Classes of hosting services
A hosting service implies storing and/or sharing certain content on a web server hosted by a hosting vendor. There are various types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. In this way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a web site, email aliases, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by showing adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly distorted interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the tasks at hand between individual packs of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web space hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you want to share an immense amount of images with pals or acquaintances since the solution is usually free. You will get a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to handling your e-mail addresses. Some providers offer webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to run a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your web space hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to operate as many video files as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a web site. To some extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email aliases, upload video clips, etc. At HD Web Hosting, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for specific web content solely.